Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Must See List

Okay, I know that I am a little late but considering the movie of Catching Fire was released on DVD last friday I thought i should finally talk about my thoughts. I have read the book twice so far and have also read the series twice. I thought that this movie was exceptionally well done. I was slightly skeptical going into the movie because I thought that the first movie was a dud. The first movie lacked a certain charisma that the book portrayed. My vision of the districts and capitol was not lived up to. I thought that the movie did not do the book justice. I also believe that the movie did not follow the book completely. There were many small details that were overlooked. But, I went to see the second movie anyway because the second book was my favorite book in the series. The movie was amazing. There was more color, action, and it followed the book almost to a tee. The first reason that I enjoyed this movie is because of the special effects. The makeup artists were amazing. My favorite part of the movie was when Katniss blows up the arena. I thought that they portrayed it in a plausible way, whereas I was picturing it to be all computerized and pixels. The second reason I enjoyed this movie is because of the comedy within the characters. The actors that were chosen for these roles played their characters especially well. They added a certain comic element to the dark and depressing world of the games themselves. Joanna has to be my favorite new addition to the cast, and the actress that plays her does an exceptional. I also continue to enjoy the love triangle that ensues between Peeta, Katniss, and Gale. When I was reading the book, and still unknowing to what happens in the end, I was enthralled and utterly confused with the love story. In this book especially the love triangle goes deeper and plays a major part in Katniss' life. There were some flaws that they missed and I felt that the movie still stood strong without them. All in all this movie was exceptionally written and carried out onto the big screen. I would give this movie FIVE stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment